Monday 5 October 2020

Gypsy Wife Quilt Pattern

 So ...... I had had this pattern for, probably a couple of years. Then my husband went to Washington DC for a business trip so I sent him to JoAnns!! 😂

There he was in his suit with his briefcase not knowing what to do!! He ended up facetiming me so I could direct him around the shop..........We used to live there so I knew where everything was.... anyway amongst much hilarity and giggling from shop staff he managed to get a good collection of fat-quarters for me as well as some other bits.

So.. on his return I dug out the Gypsy wife pattern and read it through, then I read it again, then again. What had I let myself in for!!!

I took a deep breath and got on with it! The top took me a while...., you make up the blocks and then join them into bigger blocks until you have about 12 larger blocks of all shapes and sizes. Because I chose the fabric I did I also had to match the grey stripes all the way down the quilt 😵🥴.....won't do that again!!!

It got left again.....I had had enough and just wanted t out of the way. In the PHD pile it went.

Finally I decided to get it finished and bought the wadding and backing.

THEN I made a big purchase........talked into it by a friend @saminstitches  🤣😂 I bought myself a Machine Quilter from Martha Milne. I LOVE it..so not only did I finish my Gypsy Wife quilt but I have now completed the majority of my PHD's.






The completed quilt. Thanks Chris for doing the shopping!!!😀













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - it's great to hear from all you crafters out there!!