Sunday 29 July 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint


So ..................Annie Sloan Chalk Paint............... This table has been in the middle of the lounge for years. It has been used as a painting table, to climb on, eat off of etc etc and finally I decided to give it a new lease of life.

After giving the top a good sand i painted the legs and skirt in Annie Sloan's Duck Egg Blue chalk paint. After a short drying time I dry brushed over the blue in Old White. Another quick sand to distress the paint work and I began applying the three layers of wax required to protect the paintwork. A coat of clear wax first, left to dry for 24 hours. The next day a coat of dark wax is applied where you want it and left again to dry. Day three....the last coat of clear wax and a really good polish. I stained/varnished  the top of the table using a dark walnut satin.



I forgot to take before photo's of the next two pieces so have some from the web that look similar!




I did exactly the same to this pine bedside table which is now also in the lounge.




The little pine table my husband brought home form the tip!

Same treatment and a stencil added to the top and who would know!!
  Bit Blurry!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - it's great to hear from all you crafters out there!!